BLUE, The Master Hiker

BLUE, The Master Hiker

Sunday, August 15, 2010

FUJI the wonder dog (RED WHITE AND BLUE (well, really BLACK) HIKE!)










Fuji is a beautiful girl. She was rescued from the Gasconade site very recently. I cannot image why she was there--who would have disowned her?! When I met her at the Pine location in downtown St. Louis on a recent Saturday morning, I was immediately drawn to her soft look. She eagerly hopped into my car and sat so quietly--I had to check in the rear view a few times to make sure she was still there! Arriving home to get Blue and Callie, Fuji was introduced to my four-leggeds--she approached the dogs sweetly...and was so friendly to my sons--total strangers! Our hike was marvelous! It couldn't have been a more perfect event. Fuji sniffed everything--she seemed to be discovering a whole new world of sights and smells. She got along well with the red and blue dogs...and even hiked in tandem with Blue. I brought them home a couple hours later, and everyone rested under me for a good hour while I worked on the PC. Fuji again showed her sweet, obedient and quiet disposition. She did the coolest thing with a bone I gave her...she went to a corner in the room and lifted a small bad of shoes. She shook them out from the open end, then proceeded to "dig" a hole in the carpet--NONDESTRUCTIVELY!--and bury the bone. Fuji covered the little bone--maybe the only bone she has ever had--with the shoes! It took her about 2-3 minutes to fix it all just right. Though I had to take her back to the shelter-- and believe me it was hard---I have left the bone under the shoes--in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment